April 12, 2013

Liz makes a(nother) word pillow

Yesterday I made this pretty awesome pillow. I made it using the same method as I used making the "are you kitten me right meow" pillow, except I used a different font and skipped the hand sewing altogether. I machine sewed all of the letters on, making sure to be very precise this time.. It took a long time, but it was definitely worth it!

Here you can see how small the stitches are. I put my sewing machine on a small stitch setting, because small stitches are stronger. I mostly turned the flywheel/handwheel instead of using foot controller and lifted the presser foot many, many, many times, especially on curves. Like I said earlier, it took a really long time, but I'm really pleased with the end result.
I've decided to put it up on my Etsy shop. Check it out if you wish. If there are any questions on how I made it, I'd be glad to answer them.
Have a great weekend!
Love, Liz


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I worked pretty hard on it, but I think it paid off!
      Liz

      Delete
  2. Loved this!!
    big kiss!

    Marianela
    www.marilynsclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool - and a wonderful idea! I would like to have as many skills like you and much more patience ;)

    xx from Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena! I used to not be as patient with a sewing machine, as I had a bit of a temper. Luckily sewing more and more has made that pretty much go away. Thank you for stopping by!
      Liz

      Delete
  4. so cute! I really need to get back into my sewing!


    Hannah xx


    www.raspberrykitsch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great hobby! I really enjoy it. Thank you for stopping by, Hannah!
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!