February 5, 2013

How I find inspiration

Some of my recent comments have been something along the lines of "I wish I could do ____ but I'm just not creative enough." That is so not true! Everyone has the potential to be creative, but sometimes you may have to channel it. Here I've compiled a list of things that inspire me to make things and be creative. I hope you enjoy it.
1. Surround yourself with things that make you happy.
This includes people. If you're around negative people and boring curtains, then you yourself are going to be a negative, boring person. We have some fun knick-knacks in our home, and every time I see them, I get a smile on my face.
1. Go for a walk. 
Sometimes I catch myself merely listening to music and looking at the ground in front of me when I walk. Well, stop doing that. Once in awhile, take your dog for a walk, forget your iPod on purpose and listen to people talk, look at what people are wearing and enjoy your surroundings. Try it, you might like it.
2. Stop making excuses.
I am so calling the kettle black right now, because I have definitely been known to make excuses from time to time. But seriously, not making excuses should probably be at the top of this list. Maybe you don't have money, you don't have the time or you don't own a car. That's perfectly okay! There's always a way to be creative and you need to find it.
3. Go shopping in your own closet. 
There's always going to be some item of clothing in your closet that you aren't ever going to wear. Instead of throwing it away the next time you indulge in some serious spring cleaning, change it! Use buttons for smaller crafts, cut it up into something new or alter it to fit you. There are tons of tutorials on the internet to do these things, and most of the time, they aren't that difficult.
4. Try something new.
Maybe you see this cute thing on Pinterest, but you don't know how to crochet/sew/knit/bake so you pin it to your "I'm never going to attempt this" board. Sure that's all fine and dandy, but what if you did make it? What if you took the time to learn that specific trade so you could make it? I promise you, nothing is impossible. 
5. Don't listen to feedback.
When you're a maker of things, especially if you're new at it, there are always going to be people who disapprove. Who cares? Those people probably suck. Do your own thing and enjoy it.

Love, Liz

16 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much. Seriously such a lovely inspirational post. Definitely brightened my drab Tuesday! I always love your posts, and I am so glad I followed you on Bloglovin'!

    Just posted a DIY tutorial on Infinite Style!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Juliette! :) Have a good day. Will definitely check out your DIY!
      Liz

      Delete
  2. Great post. I've been feeling a little uninspired recently myself! I do find that going for a walk really helps though. xx

    distractmenowplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making my own trinkets :)
    I love your blog
    Leila
    xx
    www.ohsoleila.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That´s such a great post - thank you, you made me smile :)

    Btw - my lovely husband and myself everyday goes walking, maybe this is the cause why we´re so happy together?

    xxx
    Rena

    http://dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post, Liz, I'm so glad I've read it today, it made my day :))
    I completely agree with every single thing you wrote in here, and I'll say it again, that camera pillow is just too adorable :))

    xx
    Matea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Love it. Wonderful advice. I definitely make excuses...and get lazy. SO trying to get out of that!

    Christen
    An Unordinary Hello

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christen. I make excuses too. :/
      Liz

      Delete
  7. WOW Thank you for this

    http://www.lovelyladia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an inspirational post! And great tips. I believe in our days, our greats problems is to work to much, stay a lot of time in front of the pc, or tv. And forgot that there is a world outside. Waiting to be seen and inspirational.

    Kisses

    http://thedailymiacis.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks so much Sofia. I completely agree. :/
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!