April 10, 2013

Liz makes a crocheted baby headband

Today I crocheted this tiny headband. My boyfriend's sister asked me to crochet one for her friend's baby, so I did. I decided to try and make a simple crochet tutorial, since this this is probably the easiest thing you could ever crochet. You could probably whip it up during a couple episodes of New Girl even as a beginner. Alright, let's get to it.

First, make a slip knot and then chain seven stitches.
Single crochet in the second stitch from the crochet hook all the way to the end. Chain one and then turn it around. Now single crochet in the first stitch from the hook and continue doing that all the way to the end. Continue doing this until you have a headband big enough to wrap around the head it's for!
Now you'll put right sides together and single crochet them together. Cut off the end and tie it to the other loose end.
Turn it right side out and tie a knot around it so it scrunches a little bit.
You can leave it like this or you can go on and add a little bow. I think the bow makes the headband, but that's my opinion. 
Start by chaining 10 or so stitches and single crocheting five rows so it looks like a rectangle. Weave the loose ends into the middle of the back of the rectangle. Tie a knot around it and then wrap more yarn around the middle until you are satisfied.
Attach the bow to the middle of the headband. You might need more yarn than the loose ends of the bow.
And you're done! Now put it on a baby girl and admire your hard work. I hope I made this tutorial easy enough to understand. Comment if you try it and you succeed.. or even if you don't. Maybe I can help make it clearer if it's not already.
Have a great weekend!
Love, Liz

PS, if you have an Instructable account, be sure to vote for my tulle skirt tutorial for the two contests it's in! Thanks!

8 comments:

  1. this makes me want to re-learn how to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely re-learn! It's a great time-waster/spender. I really enjoy crocheting while watching TV!
      Liz

      Delete
  2. awww... so cute I will make some for donation. thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, anon! You're so very welcome! Let me know how they turn out for you.
      Liz

      Delete
  3. Such an impressive DIY, thanks for sharing!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliette! And as always, you're very welcome!
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!