June 18, 2013

Liz makes a Peter Pan pillowcase: Part 1

A friend of mine asked me to make her a Peter Pan pillow case a week ago or so. I've been working pretty hard on it, because it's such a big request. The pillow case, when finished, will have Peter Pan and Wendy silhouette appliques, the North star, a couple more regular stars and to top it all off, a beautiful quote. It's taken me quite some time and I'm not even done yet. Oh well, it will be great! (Also, you might notice that the G in "sleeping" is backwards. That has since been fixed!)

It took me a whole two nights, twenty episodes of Frasier and far too many trips to the kitchen for late night snacks to cut out all of the letters. The quote is, about with me saying funny things to the stars." Cute quote, right? I like it. So anyway, here I am cutting out letters. (This picture is from Instagram -- follow me: erizzobeth) So many letters! grabbed a yard of fleece/flannel type fabric and cut it down to a regular sized bed pillow case, plus seam allowance. So far, all I've done after that is hem the edge where the opening would be.
Anyway, that was a sneak peek at what you'll be seeing soon. For now, I'll be sewing all of the letters and stars by hand. I've already sewn the silhouettes on with the sewing machine.
Sorry for the crappy cell-phone pictures. It was late, and I couldn't find my SD card. Part two will have good DSLR pictures, for sure! :)
Have a great Tuesday!
-L

17 comments:

  1. This. Is. Perfect. SO incredible. ahhhh!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/InfiniteStyleShop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this looks like it's going to be so cute! I can't wait to see it finished. Love Peter Pan.

    Christen
    feathers and ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks great! and i just need to say i love watching Ffraiser too! I need to find more people like us that like that show lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I love Frasier! The only other person I know who enjoys it is my mom -- my boyfriend hates it! Oh well.
      Liz

      Delete
  4. Aww I can't wait to see the finish product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's adorable, and I love the little Peter Pan and Wendy cut-outs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so magic :)
    Kisses
    Sofia G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, AWESOME!!!! I lover Peter Pan! Can't wait to make this!!!

    <3 Summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I had to take a break from it for a couple of days, because hand sewing all those letters is going to give me an aneurysm. I hope you try something like it! But definitely remember not to over-do it. :)
      Liz

      Delete
  8. Love Fraiser, snap! And this is incredible, I'd love to be so creative

    Ellen // A little bit Unique // Facebook // Bloglovin



    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Frasier too! But you already knew that. Thanks for stopping by, Ellen! :)
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!