February 28, 2015

Liz makes a felt egg magnet

 Today I made this cute little felt magnet. It's an egg! I saw one similar to it on Pinterest, but the link was broken. I thought I'd try my hand at it and share the tutorial with you. Let's get started!

I drew a simple egg on a sheet of paper as a rough pattern. Go ahead and use mine if you want. You'll also need a sheet of yellow felt, a sheet of white felt, black thread, white thread, a tiny bit of polyfil stuffing, a needle, a magnet and a loaded hot glue gun. Cut out the shapes from the pattern.
 Pin the paper patterns to the felt. Make sure to cut out one of the egg yolk circle (in yellow) and two of the egg white pieces (in white). 
Using really small stitches, sew a face on the egg yolk. 
Now sew the yolk to one of the egg white pieces, but not all the way. Once you're 3/4 of the way finished, stuff the egg yolk with a little bit of polyfil. Finish sewing the egg yolk to the egg white.
Now sew the egg white piece that has the egg yolk piece sewn on to the other egg white piece. I used plain-Jane stitches for all of my sewing.
Grab a small magnet (I used a freebie one I got from the county fair last year) and glue it on using your hot glue gun. Easy peasy. You're done! Stick it on your fridge!
Cute, eh? Have a great weekend.
Love, Liz

16 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!