January 23, 2014

Liz makes a craft organizing board: refashioned

You may remember about a year ago, I made this craft organizing board. It worked fine and I liked it, but recently, I decided it was time for change. I recovered it with new fabric, made another little catch-all box, and added more thumbtacks. I think it looks a lot nicer than the older version (even though I liked the older version a lot)! Here I'll show you how to cover a corkboard and how to attach the tabs from a soda can in order for the corkboard to be hangable.

Cut a piece of fabric that's slightly bigger than the corkboard.
Using a hot glue gun, glue the fabric to the long edges of the corkboard.
Now you're going to focus on the short edges. Fold the corners as if you were wrapping a present.
Now fold it up. Glue it down.
Now grab two soda pop top tab thingies. Three inches from the edge glue the tab with hot glue.
Cover with a strip of matching (or not matching) fabric. Glue to the board.
Now hang some stuff on it! I cut a small cardboard box and covered it in green construction paper. My scissors and rotary cutter are held up with thumbtacks, as is everything else.
It's extremely useful. Instead of rummaging around through a drawer or my sewing box, my scissors are always where I can see them. Easy and cute.
Have a great week!
-Liz

6 comments:

  1. I think that I would make one of these! I'm probably one of the most unorganized person on the planet!!! (So you can imagine how messy my crafting things can get!) This is a great way for me to get (and probably stay) a bit cleaner....Thanks for the blog post! Keep 'em coming!!!!

    <3 summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Summer! It's really helpful to have the important things right in front of (and slightly above) me when I'm sewing. Organizing can be fun sometimes. :)
      Liz

      Delete
  2. I am currently working on something similar but for pictures and letters, so more like a bulletin board :) Very cute though. Love your new profile picture, Liz! You look so gorgeous!

    Emily
    ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Emily! Let me know if you blog about it. :)
      Liz

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I've really been enjoying it so far. :)
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!