January 26, 2014

Liz makes little camera plushes

If you remember from the other day when I made the pillowcase out of vintage camera patterned fabric, I only had 1/4 yard to start with. I made two pillows (making the backs plain white so I could have a matching set) and still had a 9" by 12" or so piece left. It had three good looking cameras still on it, and I thought, "I should do something with this!" I really hate throwing things away... Anyway, so I made little plush cameras out of them. Two turned out really well!

You could also use this tutorial to make a plush out of an old t-shirt that doesn't fit anymore or any other patterned fabric. First, you'll need to cut out the pieces you want. 
Get some matching fabric (I used plain white fabric) and cut it to match the shape of the camera piece you cut out earlier. Place right sides together, pin and sew around the edges. Make sure to leave an opening at the bottom. I also clipped around the corners.
Turn right side out and stuff them with some poly-fil. Sew the gap closed with a needle and thread using a ladder stitch. All done! The tetris looking shape turned out weird and I don't really like it, but here it is anyway.
If you haven't noticed, I haven't been blogging as much. School started back up again on the 21st and I can already tell it's going to be a busy semester.
Have a good week!
Liz

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!