December 19, 2013

Liz makes a felt Christmas wreath

Hi everybody! I made this cute Christmas wreath the other day and it was inspired by the Valentine's day wreath I made earlier this year. Of course, I used red, green and white felt instead of red, pink and black felt and I think it turned out great. This wreath literally didn't cost me anything, because I had all of the supplies and materials lying around and I'm sure you do too!

You'll need a large(-ish) piece of cardboard, a box cutter and/or scissors, a glass with a round bottom, a pen, three or so sheets of felt (green, red and white), a loaded hot-glue gun and a piece of string or yarn. I cut out my circle from a cardboard box by tracing a large mixing bowl and then cutting it out with a box cutter. Remember, it doesn't have to be perfect!
Then go to your felt sheets and use your glass (with the round bottom) and a pen to trace circles. Get as many circles you can on a sheet and then cut them out with a pair of scissors. Fold your circles into fourths and apply some hot glue on the bottom.
Place these around the cardboard. I started with the red, then the green. After that, I filled in the gaps with the white circles.
Tie a string around the top of the wreath and hang it somewhere around your home.
Can you tell I love Christmas? Because I most certainly do!
I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season and are making tons of Christmas crafts!
-L

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!