December 27, 2013

Liz makes a mason jar cozy

Tyler and I recently redid our bathroom -- new shower curtain, rugs, towels, organizational basket, etc. I decided to crochet a cozy for a couple of mason jars using some matching yarn. One mason jar is used for our toothbrushes and the other holds a battery-powered tealight. There are a lot of ways you can customize to make this your own too: you can use different kinds of yarn, make vertical OR horizontal stripes, single, double or triple crochet, etc. 

So when you're ready to make one yourself, grab some yarn, a mason jar and a crochet hook.
Crochet a chain that's equal to the circumference of the mason jar.
Double crochet the length of the chain, chain once and then turn. Continue doing that until...
...the crocheted rectangle is as tall as the mason jar.
Fold the rectangle in half and single crochet the ends together.
This is what it should look like. 
Turn it inside out and slide the cozy on your mason jar. Perfecto!
Now you can do whatever with it. Here's what it looks like when there's an electric tealight inside of it:
I hope you all had a great Christmas! I sure did. :)
-L

8 comments:

  1. You are so clever! I made a mason jar cozy over on my blog the other day, yours is so cute :)

    xo, Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it!!! Everything deserves to be cozy!!! Super cute!

    <3 summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is sooooo pretty with the light in it! the cozy makes the jar a perfect nightlight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could knit or crochet I would definitely make this! It's so cute!

    Emily
    ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be one of the easiest things to learn, if you were willing of course. :)
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!