April 29, 2013

Liz makes a cantaloupe smoothie

Tonight I made the easiest smoothie ever; I'm actually a little embarrassed to call it a recipe. There's only one ingredient -- or two if you're feeling a little crazy. Let's see how I made this amazingly good smoothie!
Honestly, all you need is a cantaloupe and maybe a half spoonful of sugar. If your blender is a little temperamental  you might need a splash of water, but you should be fine without it. Oh, and you'll need a blender. I bought mine a couple of weeks ago and I'm so excited about it! It's a single serving blender and it works wonderfully. And can you believe it was only $15?! The brand of my blender is Hamilton Beach and it's pretty awesome!
All you need to do is cube up your cantaloupe (I used a whole one, but it wasn't all the way ripe, so I'm sure you could get away with using 1/2 to 3/4 of a cantaloupe) and blend it in your blender. Add a little sugar to taste  if you're experiencing an insane sweet tooth like me! It sure was yummy! Let me know if you try it out, because it's delicious -- or at least I thought so. Next time I might try rimming the glass with sugar! Yum! How do you usually make smoothies? I'm all about simple smoothies and not a lot of work. Any tips from one blender owner to another?
Enjoy!
Love, Liz

6 comments:

  1. My smoothies are simple. 1 cup of favorite fruit juice. 1 cup of frozen fruit. 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt. 1 1/2 cups baby leaf spinach. Blend and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I will have to buy myself some frozen fruit. Do you buy a mixed bag? I'm afraid to do so because Tyler is allergic to blueberries.
      Liz

      Delete
  2. mmm this looks so good! sweet and refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so simple and delicious! I think it would be perfect with almond milk because it would taste nice and creamy.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! Yum, almond milk sounds great!
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!