March 23, 2013

Liz makes a turban headband

 Last night and this morning, I made a turban headband. I've been seeing them all around Pinterest and had a big case of the I-can-make-that's, so I did! I used both a thin cotton yarn and an even thinner fringe-y type yarn together. It was pretty simple to make, and if you know your basic crochet stitches, I bet you can make one too.
I didn't follow a pattern or anything, but I basically chain stitched until I had the width I wanted, then I single crocheted in every other stitch with a chain stitch in between, making sure to chain stitch before I turned onto the next row. It's really stretchy, because the yarn I used is stretchy, and also, single crochet stitches usually produce a stretchy end product. I like how boho it looks without looking lazy like some recent boho fashion I've seen.
I've also decided to sell the turban headband on my Etsy shop, Essential Handmades, because I really like it! Be sure to check it out. Would you wear something like it?
I think I'll be making tons more of these, because I can whip one out in a couple episodes of The Office! :) I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Love, Liz

12 comments:

  1. I love these, and I think that they're absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really adore it. Handmade things carry love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. Happiness is homemade. :)
      Liz

      Delete
  3. Oh this is lovely! And it looks great on you!

    http://erstwhilefelicity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia! I don't think I pull it off, but thanks for the compliment!
      Liz

      Delete
  4. So cute! It looks great. You seriously are incredibly talented and creative.

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so pretty! You are truly talented.

    Have a relaxing Sunday,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kati. You have a relaxing Sunday yourself!
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!