March 8, 2013

Liz makes a bow pillow

Today I made this cute pillow case, complete with a bow. All of my midterms are over and it's officially spring break! Hooray! I probably won't be posting too much next week, as I'll be back in my hometown visiting friends and family. Anyway, this is a tutorial on how to make this pillow. It's a little more complicated than most of my tutorials, so I'll try and be clear.
I made the bow using this tutorial I did the other day, except I didn't sew the sides (yet).  At this point, I also sewed another tube. Set aside. This will be the rest of the bow. I grabbed a piece of fabric wide enough for the pillow I was going to cover (and made sure to add some seam allowance). I cut the length long enough to where it could fold in thirds and have a little overlap, then I hemmed the edges.
After the hemming, I pinned all the pieces together, making sure the bow was centered. Now you can sew along the edges.
Now you can turn it right-side-out! Grab the extra tube you made and set aside earlier and bring it through the loop of the bow, making sure it's centered. Set it on your couch or bed and enjoy your hard work!
I hope this was clear enough. If it wasn't, shoot me a comment and I'll get back to you right away. Have a great weekend!
Love, Liz

9 comments:

  1. Such an unbelievably cute idea!

    Have the best weekend,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! It would look super great with nautical themed decor! You are tooo talented.

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pillows are just lovely!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!