March 9, 2013

Liz makes an owl magnet

Today I made this cute little felt owl. I glued an old magnet I got from my chiropractor on the back and slapped it on my fridge. It's the perfect addition to my kitchen. I love it! Here's how I did it:

You're going to need this pattern, different colors of felt (I used four), scissors, tacky glue, a hot glue gun and a magnet. I made this pattern, so you can just print it and cut it out as you wish. You'll need to cut two of the little circles and cut those circles in half, because you'll be using different colors for each half.
Pin the pattern to the felt and cut it. Notice how I used dark grey for the back, light grey for the front, black and white for the eyes and white for the beak. I liked this color scheme, and if I were to make another, I'd like to use same-like colors, like light blues and dark blues, light greens with dark greens, etc.
Glue all of the pieces together with tacky glue. Grab your magnet. Like I said earlier, I used a thin one I had gotten for free, so this project was really inexpensive to make. 
Next you need to cut your magnet to fit the owl. Grab your hot glue gun and glue that baby on. Let it cool, and then you can slap it on your fridge. This would also look great on a chalkboard.
All finished. Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Have a great weekend. I know I will!
Love, Liz

15 comments:

  1. This is relly cute, dear Liz, and I´m impressed as usual how skilled you are <3

    Nice weekend, dear!

    xx
    Rena
    http://dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rena! That means a lot. :)
      Liz

      Delete
  2. a very cute owl Liz, im tempted to try it out! have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! You should try it out and let me know how it turns out.
      Liz

      Delete
  3. This is so so cute and quirky! Love it!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest owl and such a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! It was extremely easy. Give it a try!
      Liz

      Delete
  5. I like the way you did the eyes! It's adorable and unique :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you rock,
    so i nominated you for a liebster award!
    check it out: This Life Is Yours Blog

    xo - heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love your cute crafts and outfit posts, so I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! I'm not sure if you've been nominated before, but I wanted to share your blog! :-)
    -Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!