February 16, 2013

Liz makes an easy hair bow

Today I made this cute little bow. It's about five inches in length, and about an inch in height. It was really easy, and I bet I could whip up a thousand of them in about an hour. I'll show you how I did it. :)

 First you need to cut two pieces of fabric. One almost like a square and one a skinny rectangle.
 Place right sides together on both pieces. Sew a straight line down the rectangle, and sew around the square piece, leaving a space in the middle. I used a sewing machine, but you can definitely sew it by hand.
 Turn both pieces inside out. Sew the rectangle piece to the point here you want it, and cut off the rest.
Turn it inside out.
 Turn the small bow center inside out and stuff the bow inside of it.
You're done! You can choose to add an alligator clip or a bobby pin, or even put some elastic around it and call it a bow-tie.

Love, Liz

20 comments:

  1. Cute :)
    Nice work!
    xx
    Katha

    showthestyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this one last summer and I was so excited about the final result because it was so easy and cute! ^^ I truly recommend this to everyone ;)

    Have a nice Sunday,
    allthatglittersnotgold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made one from foamic sheet and it turned out so cute. Bows are bows , I am a fan! :D
    Aree With Umbrella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, I never would have thought of that. Awesome!
      Liz

      Delete
  4. So creative! And so cute. I'll definitely give it a try!

    Just posted another DIY on Infinite Style!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cute! i am obsessed with bows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i need to do this! so cute and easy!
    ~niki <3
    http://youngandimmortal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bows are so pretty! This looks like a very easy project. I think i can try sewing by hand as im scared of sewing with a machine. Ps, hope u can drop by my blog and join the giveaway if you have time. Im featuring a pretty cool shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sewing with the machine is actually pretty awesome, and much stronger/faster than hand-sewing. If you ever have the time, you should try it! Thanks Rachel.
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!