March 6, 2013

Liz makes pico de gallo

I have been pretty busy and/or exhausted with mid-terms this week. I have taken two and I have two left to go. One is actually tomorrow, eek! Well, tonight a friend came over for dinner and I decided to make tacos, rice and pico de gallo. It was my first time making pico de gallo, but it turned out pretty well. Here's how I did it:
Your ingredients will vary based on what taste you prefer, how hot your jalapenos are, etc. I used two tomatoes, one half of the onion, four jalapenos, and the juice from a lemon (or a lime). You can also add some pepper and garlic salt in the end. It's a really easy recipe and it will vary from person to person.
You'll need to chop all of the ingredients. I did so in order of the ingredients listed, tasting along the way. This will be necessary! Squeeze your lemon or lime until you get the right consistency and taste. This will all depend on you and your tastebuds. I don't like onion so much, but I love jalapenos, and I love the two together even more! Maria cut the jalapenos for me!
Now you can choose to add pepper and garlic salt if desired. You can eat this with tortilla chips as a salsa, or on top of something, such as tacos. Tastes great!
Here's a picture of Maria's cute dog, Huxley. Have a nice day!
Love, Liz

8 comments:

  1. O my gosh...that's the cutest dog I've ever seen. seriously.
    Sarah
    http://atticlace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? He's a cutie. Thanks for stopping by!
      Liz

      Delete
  2. Yum! Looks so fresh and delicious!
    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! :) x

    www.bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!