May 25, 2013

Liz makes felt mustache necklaces

I finally decided to jump on the mustache bandwagon (hopefully it's not too late) and make something inspired by the now-popular facial hair. I bought some jump rings, lobster clasps, etc. in preparation to make more of these little babies in hopes of starting up my Etsy shop again, but decided to make these cute things instead. I don't know if you noticed, but my Etsy shop has been completely bare for awhile... not anymore! Visit Essential Handmades and you can purchase one of these mustache necklaces for yourself or a friend.

To make them, simply print out a mustache shape (or draw one) and cut out two identical shapes from felt. I used the mustache below.
Then, you sew from point A to point B and turn right side out.

Then all I did was stuff it and ladder stitch it closed with matching thread. Tada! Now you have a stuffed mustache. After that, I attached jump rings to threads and attached a crocheted chain to those jump rings. Then I attached jump rings to the ends of the chains and then attached a lobster clasp to one of those jump rings. Completed necklace!
But if you don't feel like making one, you can always buy one from me in my Etsy shop. Yay for starting my Etsy shop over! Thanks for stopping by, and as always, if you have any questions about making these cute necklaces, comment below.
Have a great weekend!
Love, Liz

9 comments:

  1. Oh this is so cool! Would make a great gift.

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Juliette! I agree!
      Liz

      Delete
  2. i dont like real mustaches, but the little accessories are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I don't like real ones either! They're scary and scratchy. But fake ones are cute!
      Liz

      Delete
  3. Such a cute necklace! I'd buy one :) You should get back into selling things on Etsy again it'll be great! :)

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you so much! I really would like to.. But sometimes it's just so hard to come up with things that I think people would be willing to buy. Well anyway, thank you for stopping by. I appreciate it!
      Liz

      Delete
  4. Awwww, I've seen these all over pintrest, just haven't brought my self to make one. Thanks for the instructions and as always, lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anon! They're sew easy to make, and you could even hand sew it if you didn't own a sewing machine.
      Liz

      Delete
  5. Given good care, you can save the sterling jewelry from tarnishing. You just need to know how to care and clean your sterling silver necklaces and other jewelry pieces. https://www.trinketsea.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!