April 5, 2015

Liz makes a no-sew dog blanket

I have a 15-year-old dog who lives back in Artesia with my mom and he's a sweetheart. My mom said he needed a blanket for her couch so she'd be able to wash it instead of getting her couch dirty. He also likes to try and dig into the couch and get nowhere, so hopefully this blanket will stop that.

Before we start, here's a picture of Miles and his friend Roxy. They are adorable.
Okay, let's get started. You'll need two different patterned fabrics that are the same size. I got 1 1/4 yards for both of my adorable dog fabrics. Cut off your selvage and put them wrong-sides-together.
Cut a 2" square from all four corners, then cut 2" strips all the way around.
Here's what it should look like after you've cut all the strips.
Now tie all of those strips together!
I like that it's reversible. So on one side is the David Bowie Boston Terriers...
...And on the other side are paw prints!
Since I don't actually have Miles here to take a picture of him utilizing the blanket, here's a stuffed dog sitting on top of it so you can all get the picture.
It's a pretty easy project that I did while talking on the phone. It probably took me about 30 minutes total. Have fun and Happy Easter!
Love, Liz

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!