August 14, 2014

Liz makes embroidery hoop art: UFO abduction

As you may know, I'm pretty into embroidery. I love the idea of making my own pattern and putting it on a hoop. I'm sure artists feel the same with paint and a canvas. Today, I made my own UFO abduction embroidery pattern. I think it's adorable (and maybe a little sad?). It sports a little cow being abducted by an alien spaceship. Let's get started!

I got the little clip-art UFO and cow from the interweb. I drew the abduction lines in paint. Sure, it may not be the best way to make a pattern, but it works for me.
Now all you need to do is transfer it to some fabric (I just trace with a pencil) and use a running stitch on all of the lines and shapes. As you might be able to tell, I changed the number of "lights" on the spaceship, decreased the number of lights on the spaceship, only used two abduction lines, changed the cow's smile to a "meh" face, changed the cow's tail and added some french knots for the grass below the cow. All of these were very easy changes.
Pretty cute, right? And super easy. I love embroidery!
Check this piece out on my Etsy shop, Essential Handmades!
Love, Liz

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!