August 23, 2014

Liz makes a name garland

Sorry I haven't been blogging lately. I don't have the internet at home, so I can't post anything! Here's a repeat post for now. I'll get back on track soon!
Today I finally finished the name garland for Layla! I wait to get it in the mail for her. It took awhile, but it's finally done! I posted about it the other day, but now I've finally finished! Here's how I did it:

First, I printed Layla's name with my printer, using Corbel font, size 450. I cut them out and used them as a pattern to cut the felt out. I cut out two pieces of felt for each letter, making sure one of them was backwards. I sewed them up using a whip stitch, but not before I stuffed them up with some poly-fil. 
I strung them together using regular thread. I liked how it turned out, and I hope Layla does too. :)
Happy birthday Layla! Happy weekend everybody!
Love, Liz

10 comments:

  1. wow this is so cute! i really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is this please!? The name of our cat is "Leyla": very similar to your DIY which is btw very cute <3

    Happy birthday for you Layla from my side, too!

    x Rena http://dressedwithsoul.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a pretty name! Thanks for stopping by, Rena!
      Liz

      Delete
  3. So cute! I love it! I made a banner for my house today.. check it out! I'm posting about it soon!

    Margeaux
    margeauxknight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I need a gift for a friend having a baby soon, I wonder if this would work, but just spelling "baby" in colors to match the nursery. You've got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be cute! If you already know the gender, then you could use one gender-specific color for all the letters! So cute!
      Liz

      Delete
  5. So cute! I'm glad to see the finished product!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliette! It took awhile, but it's worth it!
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!