August 11, 2013

Liz makes a crocheted pi

Yesterday, I finished this cute little pi amigurimi I was working on for a couple of days. Isn't it the cutest thing? I found the pattern over on this blog, and it's pretty easy to follow. I got tired of holding my laptop in my lap and crocheting at the same time, so I eventually ended up making my own pattern (without writing it down). Any beginner crocheter can probably follow her pattern if you're dedicated enough! ;)
My little "legs" of the pi aren't as curvy and they're a little fatter than her version, but that's okay. If you noticed, I also didn't give mine a mouth. I had already stitched up the top (horizontal) part of the pi after I realized I forgot to stitch a mouth. Oh well! Maybe I'll make a bigger one than this one, because this one is only about 3-4 inches tall. Also, I'd love to not only make it bigger by making more stitches, but by using a bigger hook and thicker yarn.
Anyway, if you happen upon any other cute little amigurimi crochet things, let me know because I would love to give them a try.
Also, I don't know if any of you are Breaking Bad fans, but I definitely am. The first episode of the last half of the last season starts tonight! I'm pretty darn excited. Have a great week everyone! 
-L

8 comments:

  1. Awww that's so adorable!

    ~Juniper
    i-wasnt-there.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, SO cute!

    xo, Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/InfiniteStyleShop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I will make a whole bunch of these then hang them on a garland for pie day next year!

    <3 summer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!