June 9, 2013

Liz refashions a t-shirt

A few years ago, my mom bought me an awesome book called Generation T. It's a whole book full of t-shirt refashion tutorials. I saw this one in the book and knew I had to make it. This tutorial is super easy because, wait-for-it... It's a no-sew refashion! Here's how you can do it too:

You'll need a t-shirt that's a bit too large for you and a pair of scissors. The book isn't necessary of course, but definitely pick it up! I'm sure you can find it on Amazon. 
Cut off the sleeves and the neck of your t-shirt.
Flip the shirt over, making sure to lie it flat. Cut a straight line right down the middle of the back of the shirt.
Now cut equal sized strips down one side of the shirt, then repeat for the other side. Mine were about 1/2" thick and an 1 1/2" long. Now tie them together! 
Here's the front and the back of the shirt. Pretty cute, right? I bet it'd be great as a swimsuit cover-up.
Have you ever refashioned t-shirts? If so, let me know what you did in the comments below!
Have a fun, lazy Sunday! I know I will. :)
Love, Liz

16 comments:

  1. what a neat idea! the t-shirt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I cut the neck of a t-shirt, is there a way that I could make it seem more polished? Very cute t-shirt though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily -- thanks for stopping by!
      You could hem it if you want, or hem it using bias tape. Bias tape would probably look better. Good luck!
      Liz

      Delete
    2. Oooh! I never heard of bias tape before, so thanks for telling me about it! Where did you get this t-shirt from? It's so cute!

      Delete
    3. Bias tape is the easiest way to hem things like neck holes and arm holes. My mom's done it quite a bit, but I don't have much experience with it. I'm sure you could find a ton of tutorials on the internet. Good luck!
      Liz

      Delete
  3. Cute! I remember a few years back where i did something similar to this, but I cut it down the sides and tied beads onto them! Then I cut about an inch and a half from the bottom and tied beads onto it as well! It would be fun to see you do more of these tee shirt tutorials! Keep up the good work!

    <3 summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Summer -- thanks!
      The beaded t-shirt sounds really cute! I should get some beads..
      Liz

      Delete
  4. Wow - what an amazing makeover! I love the end result, such a pretty tee!
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it'd be great to go to wear to the river or something!
      Liz

      Delete
  5. this is so cute! every time i try to refashion t-shirts it always comes out looking like a hot mess lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Haha, I used to be the same way.. Until my mom got me that book! It totally rocks! Look at me, I sound like an infomercial. ;)
      Liz

      Delete
  6. How fun! Love the ties in the back. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Marilyn! At least I'm assuming this is Marilyn talking. :)
      Liz

      Delete
  7. I used to do this all the time! Very fun!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/InfiniteStyleShop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it when I was a kid, but I recently got into it again! It's so fun! Thanks for stopping by, Juliette.
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!