May 6, 2013

Liz makes a flower bookmark

Last night I made a whole bunch of these flowers. I found the original tutorial here, but used a different kind of yarn and crochet hook and then tied it to a paperclip so I could use it as a bookmark. I hope to be reading a ton of books this summer, so I'll need a few bookmarks. :) Alright, let's start the tutorial.
-The tutorial I saw before I made this said to start with four chains, and to make a ring that way. I prefer the magic loop method, so start with a magic loop.
-Then double crochet sixteen stitches into the loop and connect the last one to the first one with a slip stitch.
-Chain one and single crochet in the first stitch. Then make six double crochets in the next. Afterwards, skip the next stitch and start back from the bolded single crochet. 
-Do that all the way around until you have five petals, join with a slip stitch and fasten off. 
-If you're going to make a bookmark, then use the ends to tie the flower to a paperclip. I'm sure you could also just chain a bunch of stitches and make a long "stem-like" bookmark.
Pretty cute, right? 
Also, be sure to check out my brand new advertiser, The Opulent Nest. She has a great Etsy shop, where she sells awesome art prints. I especially love the print of this lovely bird.
Have a great week!
Love, Liz

10 comments:

  1. So creative and cute! I love love it! Perfect for mothers day and perfect for spring.

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your cute crafts! I'm glad I came across your site :)
    I'm making sure to follow!!

    http://www.girlandawardrobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's always nice to have a new follower. I'll be sure to check your blog out too.
      Liz

      Delete
  3. How is original. Style is felt in all)))

    http://ulianna-life.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome for a bookmark! It’s really cute actually. I would love to make one of those. Any sites you would suggest for crocheting tutorial? I’d better work it, you know? Anyway, thanks a whole bunch for the idea and inspiration! I look forward to see more of your bright ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote the tutorial above, and I also listed a link in the post to another tutorial similar that has pictures.
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!