May 18, 2013

Liz makes a crocheted bow necklace

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile; I've had an awful stomach flu -- I'll spare you the details. Anyway, I'm feeling better now and I made this cute bow necklace today. Yes, it's crocheted, but it could easily be a beginner project. Let's see how I did it! Here we go:

I used: regular/medium weight yarn, a size F crochet hook, simple crochet skills (slip knot, chain stitch, single crochet, slip stitch), scissors, lobster clasp closures, lobster crimps, pliers and maybe some super glue. 
First, make your slip knot and chain fourteen stitches.
Then single crochet in the second chain from the hook and single crochet in every chain until the end. Chain one and turn.
Continue crocheting single crochet stitches until you have eight rows.
Then single crochet around the entire rectangle to give it a nice even edge.
Finish with slip stitch. Pretty!
Now set that aside. Now grab more yarn and, leaving a ~4" tail, chain 32 stitches. Leave a tail at the other end too and fasten off.
Wrap the long strand of 32 chains around the bow -- it should wrap around four times. Tie in the back a couple of times and weave in the ends. Now you have a bow!
But you're not done yet.. Attach a couple of lobster crimps (you could also use jump rings, but this is all I had) to the top of the bow. Set bow aside.
Now crochet two long strands using a chain stitch. Mine were about 20 chain stitches in length. On one end of each strand, attach lobster crimps. Close one of the lobster crimps with a pair of pliers and attach a lobster clasp closure on the other, and close the lobster crimp with a pair of pliers.
Now attach the two chained strands (the ends of them that don't have any clasps on them) to the lobster crimps on the bow. Close the crimps with a pair of pliers.
Perfect. Now you can wear it! If you make one, please let me know or possibly give me a link to your blog showing that you've made one. I'd love to see them!
Have a great weekend!
Love, Liz

10 comments:

  1. This is so impressive! And so talented! You rock.

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, you are just so talented and cute!

    Have a good day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cute. I absolutely love it. I should try a few to get me back into my crocheting...

    Christen Louise
    feathers and ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love crocheting.. It's so easy to whip up something cute while watching TV.
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!