March 2, 2013

Liz makes a felt camera keychain

As you probably know by now, I am a lover of felt. I love making things out of felt because usually felt crafts are simple and easy. Today I made this cute little camera keychain out of felt, and the only sewing I did was sewing the button on. It only took me about ten or so minutes. Here's how I did it.
You'll need a couple of rectangles in different colors, one of which slightly smaller than the other, a tiny rectangle, a small circle, a medium-sized circle and a button slightly smaller than the medium-sized circle. You also might want to add a ribbon and a keychain loop so you can hang it. If not, omit those two.
Glue the two circles and the tiny rectangle onto the slightly smaller rectangle. (I used Tacky Glue, but you can use whatever you want). A little glue might show through, but it shouldn't once it's dry.
Now you need to sew on the button. Here, I also added a ribbon loop. You can glue it down during this step or wait until the next.
Now all you need to do is glue all of that to the largest rectangle and add a keychain if you're so inclined. You're done! Easy peasy lemon squeezy, am I right? Happy weekend!
Love, Liz

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute DIY! I love this!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that button! it looks so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww this is so cute! I love felt :)


    Hannah xx


    www.raspberrykitsch.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! I found you through bel monili and am now following! I'd love you to visit and say hi :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!