April 23, 2015

Liz makes a painting using letter stickers

I have been wanting to do this project for over three years. Tyler bought me some of the supplies that long ago, and I just never got around to it, quite honestly, until last week. I love the way it turned out even if it's not perfect. It was a fairly easy project that I think just about anyone can do. Here's how you can do it too!

You'll need a canvas, some paints, a paintbrush and some large letter stickers. (Thanks Tyler for the letter stickers from forever ago!)
I got this giant canvas for $9.24! Screaming deal, right? It has a small blemish in it which caused it to be $28 off.
Here's a close up of the paints I bought. I'm sure any acrylic paint will do.
Pick out a quote or a song lyric and place your letter stickers on the canvas, moving them around until you're happy with the placement. It took me a really long time to think of just the right quote, but I finally settled on lyrics from "Blue Orchid" by The White Stripes.
Now for the fun part! Paint all over the canvas, making sure every side gets painted as well.
Let dry for a little while, take off the stickers and then hang it on your wall! I think it looks great!
Have a great weekend!
Love, Liz

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!