April 29, 2014

Liz makes curtains for her apartment

I've been wanting curtains in my apartment for a long time. Mini blinds are just an eye sore, am I right? Curtains are easy to make (here's a tutorial of mine for curtains on a smaller scale), but I just needed to find a way to hang them up that would damage our apartment walls, find the right fabric that wasn't too busy nor too bland, and find a light-weight curtain rod that was still attractive. Sorry about the picture quality. It's extremely difficult to take good pictures of windows.

Since my apartment landlord won't allow us to nail any holes in the wall, we had to get creative. I bought two clear 3M Command hooks and Tyler put them up for me. I bet you didn't even notice them in the first picture! Since the curtain rod and fabric are light-weight, these little hooks will have no problem holding their weight. The curtain rod was inexpensive and is made from plastic, but you wouldn't guess if you're looking at them from a distance.
The fabric itself is beautiful in my opinion. It had a very Southwestern vibe and I think I'm in love.
My apartment is so much brighter now! What do you think?
Love, Liz

8 comments:

  1. i love how you got so creative with this. the command hooks are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern on your curtain! I'm considering making my own curtains too since yeah, blinds are an eyesore.

    x Francesca of http://primpandpaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so awesome Liz!!! It is so important to make your apartment feel like home, and curtains most certainly make a HUGE contribution!! :)
    “hugs” Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystelle! It really does make it feel more "home-y." :)
      Liz

      Delete
  4. Great idea! The curtains look lovely and I love that curtain pole

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!