May 30, 2013

Liz makes a crocheted tablet case

For the last couple of nights, I've been working on this cute tablet case. It can fit a iPad mini, a Nook, a Kindle Fire or whatever. My sister owns a Kindle Fire and I'm thinking about making one for her birthday.. But shh don't tell her!

I think it's pretty cute. All I did was crochet a chain stitch until it was twice as long as a tablet and then attach the ends together. After that, I crocheted in rounds until it was the height I wanted. So easy!
After that, I crocheted sunburst circles and a triangle and sewed them on. I also chain stitched a loop hole and sewed a button for a closure.
It was pretty easy, but it took awhile to make. If you're not savvy with a crochet hook, you can always purchase this from me in my Etsy shop, Essential Handmades!
I'm so excited to start my Etsy shop back up again. I was on hiatus for awhile but now I'm back. :)
I hope you all have a wonderful week.
Love, Liz

14 comments:

  1. Awsomeness! Do you know what was funny? I was making a crocheted Ipod case for two of my friends which happened to be twin sisters! One of them was a white bunny with brown spots and the other was an owl! I was stuck on how i wanted the owl.Thanks for posting this it is very cute! Maybe now I can finish 'em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Yeah, I always consider making a double of something I make for other people after I make them because sometimes they turn out way cooler than I thought they would. Keep on crocheting!
      Liz

      Delete
  2. Oh this is so so cute! I love this!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute and such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I plan to make many more.. Especially ones this size because I don't think many sellers do -- they mostly focus on iPad-sized ones. Thanks for stopping by!
      Liz

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love this it is so cute!

    **This is a suggestion you don't have to do this, it was just an idea***
    If you still have that lace wedding dress, I was thinking that you could make a lace ring (if you still had the lace.) Then show it off in one of your blog posts. Or if you are feeling even more crafty, you could make matching lace earrings too. Here are some web addresses that have some pictures and ideas.

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/54908448/mauve-gray-ruffled-lace-ring

    http://www.instructables.com/id/Personalized-mommy-jewelry-a-pair-of-diy-fabric-ea/

    Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And great ideas! I will definitely do something like that. Thanks for the ideas (and the links too)! :)
      Liz

      Delete
  5. this is perfect! i always think owls are the ultimate book loving animal. this is great for a kindle or other e-reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha because owls are so.. wise, right? I always think back to my childhood when I watched Winnie the Pooh when I'm making something with owls.
      Liz

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, I love this tablet case! I'm a sucker for anything with an owl on it, I wish I could make something like this but I'm awful at making anything using crochet or knitting. If I had a tablet I would buy it in a heartbeat.

    xo Natasha
    http://thenightiswild.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah? Thanks so much, Natasha! I also love owls. :)
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!