May 29, 2013

Liz makes a crocheted amigurumi octopus

I crocheted this little octopus last night, and it's probably the cutest thing I've ever made! I wasn't going to post about it because originally, I didn't think it would work out, but it did and here it is! I found the crochet tutorial right here on Esshaych and it was extremely easy to follow! It was really fun to make something so different from what I usually make (which usually includes square items or granny squares).

The tentacles I crocheted aren't as tightly curled as the original pattern shows, but I bet I'll get it down with some more practice. :) So anyway, if you follow her tutorial and use a TINY crochet hook, then you can make your very own octopus! Have you ever crochet amigurumi items before? It's sort of challenging to work with stitches that are so tiny, but it was fun! Her tutorial says to use safety eyes, but I don't own any and I'm not sure where to find them.. so I just crocheted tiny circles. It doesn't look as good as safety eyes, but that's okay. :)
Do any of you have some great tutorials that you would like me to try out? I'd love to! 
I'm in the process of crocheting a purse right now, and of course I'll it share with you all when I'm finished. 
I hope you all have a fantastic week!
Love, Liz

12 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me!? This is adorable. Sharing it on Pinterest now :)

    The Nautical Owl Blog
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha he's so cute! I should make some and fill them with cat nip for my cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! Let me know how it turns out!
      Liz

      Delete
  3. OH my GOODNESS. This is seriously the cutest thing you have ever made. I am dying!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's adorable right?! I was planning on giving it away, but now I'm not so sure..
      Liz

      Delete
  4. this is the cutest! i love those curly tentacles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!