March 29, 2013

Liz makes a triforce Zelda necklace


Today, I was stressing over thinking what to blog about today. My wonderful boyfriend was playing Legend of Zelda and said, "make the triforce thing!" I had no idea what he was talking about, so he said, "Google it!" So I did, and was like, "Oh! Great idea." So, I made the triforce thing from Legend of Zelda out of (what else..) paint chips, then put it on a string and called it a necklace. Here's how I made it:

You'll need: scissors, a ruler, a pen, a yellow/gold paint chip, some kind of black cardboard or something (I used black matte board), tacky glue, black yarn, some kind of clip to attach the triforce to the yarn, and some kind of pointy thing that can poke a hole in the end product. The latter is not shown, but it will be shown later.
Using the scissors, ruler and pen, measure and cut out three identical triangles. 
Glue the triangles onto the black board using the tacky glue, then cut it in the shape of a triangle.
Use something sharp to poke a hole in the triforce thing. I have no idea what the sharp thing I used is called; I found it in my boyfriends tool box. At this point, you can also carefully trim the excess black around the edge.
Put the clippy hook thing (wow, I am just full of technical language today!) through the hole you just made and put your yarn/string through. Now you can wear it and look super awesome everywhere you go!
Have a happy weekend!
Love, Liz

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge Zelda fan, but this is great! I love harry potter, so I'd probably make a deathly hallows one!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, amazing work!! Well done:) Great pictures as well! Keep on smiling, you are so pretty:)
    Have a fabulous time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!