March 21, 2013

Liz makes an easy chocolate cake

In honor of Tyler's birthday, which was yesterday, I made a cake. Now, I've never made a chocolate cake from scratch before today. I wasn't even going to blog about it because I wasn't sure how it would turn out. Well I should have had more faith in myself because this cake was fantastic! It was so moist and rich, but not too rich.

Here's what you'll need:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups boiling water

Preheat oven to 375. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder together in a bowl. Set aside. Beat eggs and butter together until creamed. Mix both bowls together until well incorporated. Consistency should be similar to brownies. Add water slowly while mixing. Batter will be very, very thin but don't worry! Pour all the batter into a 9x13 cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, depending on your oven. Let cool completely after taking it out of the oven. Frost with frosting of choice.
See how easy that was? It might have been the tastiest cake I've ever made! If you decide to make it, let me know how it turns out. Have a great rest of the week!
Love, Liz

10 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and so simple to make! Definitely going to be giving this a try. Lovely post! :)

    http://erstwhilefelicity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sonia! Awesome! Let me know how it's turns out.
      Liz

      Delete
  2. This looks seriously delicious! YUM.

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliette! You should give it a try!
      Liz

      Delete
  3. This looks so mouthwatering!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I've decided it's literally the best cake I've ever had.
      Liz

      Delete
    2. Can you maybe do a recipe post for a cream cheese frosting? I've been looking for a good one. :)

      Delete
    3. Hey Emily! I actually have never made cream cheese frosting successfully, therefore I now dislike cream cheese frosting very much. Haha. I'm sorry! :/ This one looks pretty simple though -> http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cream-cheese-frosting-ii/
      Liz

      Delete
  4. aww wow this sounds unreal!!


    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!