September 10, 2013

Liz makes a crocheted beanie

I made a beanie, guys! And you know what? Don't tell anyone... But I didn't use a pattern! You know, I probably should have wrote some kind of pattern of my own down, but I didn't. After posting a picture of myself wearing the hat on Instagram and Facebook, a friend of mine asked me to make her a red one. I suppose when I make that one, I'll post pictures of it along with a pattern to go with it. 

It's been raining all day today here in Albuquerque. I feel like I'm in Seattle! Not that I've ever been to Seattle.. Anyway, I wore shorts and sandals yesterday, but today I wore a jacket, a scarf and this beanie. I feel like everyone in New Mexico (me included) sees rain and automatically freaks out. My calculus professor walked into class today and announced, "I haven't used an umbrella in ten years!"
Oh my goodness, don't even get me started on snow. When it snows an inch here, the whole city just goes haywire! Schools shut down and people are like, "oh well it snowed, so I automatically can't drive." I think it's hilarious. Anyway. I made this hat and I think it's pretty cool. Thanks for stopping by!
-L

10 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! I love the hat! And I think that it's funny that 1 in. of snow means no school! Where I live it has to be 18+ inches. Great work!

    <3 summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I don't even know what 18 inches of snow looks like!!
      Liz

      Delete
  2. I LOVE that color! My cousin would love you because she loves beanies! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! I love it too! I saw it at Hancock Fabric's and it was on sale, so I had to buy it. Score!
      Liz

      Delete
  3. i LOVE that hat, so cute! haha your story about NM weather cracks me up...but also makes me what to live there, haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha there's literally a story in the newspaper today about how to drive safely in the rain. It didn't even rain an inch! It's crazy. Thanks for stopping by!
      Liz

      Delete
  4. Love the beanie! That's exactly what happens here in Phoenix when it rains too! We don't ever get snow though, so we don't have to worry about that. It's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! It rained maybe an inch today and all the news was concerned about was the weather! Pretty crazy.
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!