June 1, 2013

Liz makes a crocheted camera clutch

Last night and today I crocheted this clutch resembling a camera. It took a lot of work and I had to take quite a few breaks to prevent my hands cramping up but it was totally worth it! I think it turned out great! I even lined it with some black fabric and added some snaps for a closure.
If you've ever wondered how to sew a lining into a crocheted bag, then search no further. I learned how to do it at FutureGirl and a tutorial she posted on properly hand-sewing one in. It's extremely easy to follow because she has well-detailed instructions. I also hand sewed some snap closures (with a lot of thread, I might add, to well-ensure security).
There's also a little handle I crocheted that could easily be hidden inside the bag, like it is in the photo above. Pretty cute right? 
I've decided to list it on my Etsy shop, Essential Handmades. I've been giving myself carpal tunnel trying to run my shop back up, and it's paying off! Go stop on by if you want to see what else I have for sale.
Have a fantastic Sunday!
Love, Liz

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I could definitely seen something like this being used as a pencil bag or as makeup bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! Definitely! If I make another one, I'll be sure to put a zipper in it instead of a snap. It would be a great pencil bag!
      Liz

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! Since I love photography, I can totally see myself using this!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for stopping by, Juliette!
      Liz

      Delete
  3. Way cute!

    xxLiora
    i-wasnt-there.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is be so cute if you made it smaller and it was a camera case!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, I will make on for my best friend for her birthday, she loves photography! GREAT work!
    <3 summer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!