April 21, 2013

Liz makes vegetarian tostadas

 It's been awhile since I've posted a recipe, so today, I made some vegetarian tostadas! They were very, very delicious, easy to make and only took a few minutes. There were a lot of vegetables on these little corn tortillas, but both my boyfriend and I loved them. Here's how you can do it too:
 Here's what you'll need (Yields 6 tostadas):
6 corn tortillas
1 can refried beans (vegetarian)
lettuce
tomato
2 jalapenos
1 can corn
+ any additional toppings 
(salsa, guac, etc.)
You'll need to place the corn tortillas on a baking sheet and slide them in the oven. Take them out when they get crispy. While that's happening, heat up the beans and corn on the stove. Also, cut up the rest of the vegetables and the lettuce (if it isn't already shredded). When your corn tortillas are out of the oven, spread some beans on them and then top them with all of the toppings (except for guac/salsa) and put back into the oven for a little while (8 minutes or so). Take out and top with extra toppings and serve with a nice salad. Perfect dinner for two.
Love, Liz

In other news, a good friend of mine tragically passed away last night. I've been very distraught and even considered not posting for awhile. However, I know she would want me to go on with my life. It's going to be really hard and I can't imagine how her parents must feel. It's so awful. So if I don't blog too often in these next few days, I apologize in advance. 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely salad there ! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    Hey ! If You want us to alter anything or make customized changes in your blog, kindly visit the link & you would not be disappointed, believe me !!

    http://dressupthatblog.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so yummy. Because of dermatitis , I am living on veggies :0
    I am so sorry for your friend. May her soul rest in peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that sounds challenging.. and yummy!
      Thank you for your condolences.
      Liz

      Delete
  3. mm this looks great! i just had vegetarian mexican food this weekend too :)

    i am SO sorry for your loss :( stay strong, i am keeping them in my thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. Means a lot.
      Liz

      Delete
  4. Yum! Those look so good!
    I'm so sorry for your loss ):

    xxLiora
    i-wasnt-there.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this looks amazing. Definitely added to to the make list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Let me know how they turn out.
      Liz

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!