January 6, 2013

What Liz Wore

A month or two (or three) ago, a friend at I went to the fabric store. I bought some purple fabric, a zipper and a pattern for a skirt. That same day, I pinned the pattern to the fabric, cut out the skirt shapes and put it away to finish the next day. Well, I did not finish it the next day. A month later, my mom came to visit my boyfriend and I and she saw the pattern and took it upon herself to pin the pieces together, which was fine by me!
Yesterday I finally decided to finish what I had started months ago. Here's how it turned out!
It's a very simple skirt because simple sewing is simple.


The hem is a little funky, but that's okay. It really was easy, even though I procrastinated because I thought it would take me forever to sew. I just followed the directions on the pattern and the directions that came along with the zipper.



tank = forever 21, cardigan = target, skirt = diy, leggings = walmart, belt = express, shoes = thrifted, clutch = diy

The clutch is a DIY I did not too long ago. You can find the tutorial here. I love that clutch. It was perfect for going out today.




Every first Sunday of the month, the Museum of Natural History here in Albuquerque is free to any resident of New Mexico, so the boyfriend and I decided to go.


It was packed to say the least. There were children all over the place it seemed, but I'm so glad we went! We saw some dinosaur skeletons, a lot of fake animals, a stingray, huge butterflies in cases and all kinds of other stuff. It was fun!




Excuse my scared/stupid looking expression.
All of these pictures were taken by my boyfriend. It's awesome to have a photographer for a boyfriend when you have a blog, yeah?

What do you do on your lazy Sunday mornings?

Love, Liz

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you finally got around to making the skirt - time sure does get away on us. I hate having unfinished projects, but it happens to me all the time ;)

    It looks great on you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're really creative and crafty! :)

    -Danielle
    http://littlebitofwowe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the top.. it's super cute..

    megha
    http://meghafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there's that cardigan. :) I wish I knew how to sew! Very cute skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should learn! It's really not too hard.
      Liz

      Delete
  5. Hi. You make nice crafts. Love them!
    Please, take a moment to follow my blog:)
    charmemodeblog.blogspot.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you!